Week 21: "Carrot"


Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well. (http://www.babycenter.com/)

==============================

I'm getting bigger by the week! Here is my 21 week picture (my belly button has officially "popped").



We are so excited that we are able to call our baby a "her" -- it makes it so much more real and we already feel like we're starting to get to know our sweet daughter...wow, "our daughter"...hard to believe!

I'm really starting to feel Bebita kick a lot more. As I mentioned in my last post, Teirney got to feel her for the first time on the day of our ultrasound, and he has felt her several more times since. This morning after he felt her kick he said, "she is so special." He is so sweet to his girls and of course that made my heart melt. We both love her so much already and can't imagine our lives without her anymore. We continue to pray God's protection on her. She has especially needed it lately because I've given her a couple sugar highs the past couple days...bad, bad mommy. The other night, we went out to eat and I had a shake at dinner, then we went to a movie and of course I had to get an Icee (it's my favorite thing at the theater), and I ate a half a bag of Skittles on top of that. Oh my, big mistake!!! She was going nuts in there during the entire movie...I've never felt her move that much. I told Teirney to remind me never to eat that much sugar in one setting.

I'm still on the hunt for girl bedding. Nothing has jumped out at me that I've just loved (like it did when I found the boy bedding). I ordered some swatches of a few different patterns, but I'm not convinced I'll like any of them. We'll see. Those who know me well, know that I won't give up until I find the perfect thing -- I frustrate myself. Oh well.

This past weekend we met Teirney's parents in Appleton and did a little shopping for our baby girl. We had so much fun -- even Teirney's dad got into it. I mainly browsed the clearance racks for good deals. We bought some newborn sleepers and several outfits she'll be able to wear this summer. We went to Babies-R-Us and found a great deal on the summer clothes. They had a rack of clearance items with an additional 30% off the marked down price, so I went a little bit nuts there, but I couldn't pass up the $2.00-$3.00 outfits.

I've gone to the chiropractor a couple times now and it seems to be helping. I go again next Monday. I still get a little freaked out hearing my bones crack, especially since I've never cracked anything on my body in my life until I went a week ago. But as long as Bebita is comfortable that is all that matters.

Dear sweet Bebita, you continue to amaze us! Just like daddy said, you're so special and we love you very much! Please keep moving around lots so mommy knows you're okay in there. Love you! xoxo


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe...i love the belly button.

Anonymous said...

You look so cute in pink!

marah said...

That button is a kicker. Love it. Wow Leah, you definitely have the curves going on in all the right places. That gets a w00t and truthfully, in my world that expression is saved for really special moments.

Hugs!