Week 23: "Mango"

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb. (http://www.babycenter.com/)

==============================

Big news this week -- I saw Bebita dancing around in my belly for the first time last Wednesday! It was so cute! I was sick and just laying on the couch -- I think she was trying to cheer me up (especially because Teirney was already in Miami). Teirney hasn't seen her bustin' out a move yet, but I'm sure he will soon.

Here is my 23 week belly pic...yep, the belly button is still there.






On top of being sick this last week, I had a lot of back pain. I broke down and went to the chiropractor on Wednesday morning to see if there was anything she could do. I had a pain behind my right shoulder blade which was causing me a ton of pain whenever I would take a deep breath. It was the weirdest thing. But when I went in and told her what was happening, she seemed to know what I was talking about. She did a couple adjustments and told me I should be feeling better by Friday, but if not, I should go back in. I felt worse all day Wednesday and part of Thursday, but by Thursday night it felt like it might be getting better. By Friday, it was gone altogether, which I was so thankful for. She said it actually had something to do with my ribs, which was causing a pain in my back, but she said it is common during pregnancy. I still have my tailbone issue, but I don't think that will be eliminated during this pregnancy...alleviated maybe, but not eliminated until I pop this little one out. At least, I hope this won't be a lifelong thing.

I'm so excited that I'm over my morning sickness/all day sickness. I sometimes feel like it might be coming on, but it will usually go away after eating something. I'm told it can sometimes come back later on in your pregnancy...fun, fun.

Crazy thing, we only have 3 free weekends until the end of the year (including this coming weekend). So there is a lot we need to try to fit into those weekends. After Christmas, I'll only have 2 1/2 more months...it's unbelievable how fast this pregnancy is going to me. I've started looking at paint colors for the nursery. I think I found a color that might work, but I'm going to do a little bit more looking before I commit. So one of the weekends, we'll have to paint the nursery -- yay!

To wrap it up, here's a little story for your entertainment from this week...well, at least it was entertaining to me for a few hours of my life the other night. I was on a pregnancy forum and someone posted that Target was selling a Britax carseat (originally $279.00 and a top rated brand) for $42.99. I immediately scarfed two of them up. Everyone knew it had to be a mistake, but no one was going to miss the opportunity in case Target didn't catch it. There were people buying this carseat left and right and it was the talk of message boards all over the place. Some people actually called Target to see if the deal was legit and some people got a "yes" response and some got a "no" response. So there were lots of mixed messages. In the end, I knew I would be getting an email the next day saying "sorry, we cannot honor the price of the Britax carseat..." Sure enough, I got the email yesterday. Major bummer! Oh well, it was worth a try.

My dear darling Bebita -- you are our angel baby! We love you so much and can't believe how fast you're growing. We're so glad the time is going by fast because the sooner we'll get to meet you. We're thankful you were a trooper this week as mommy was sick with a cold. I loved being able to watch you move the other day, it was so precious! Maybe you can show daddy your moves one of these days. :-) May God bless you and keep you, my little one. Love you mucho! xoxo



No comments: