Week 24: "Ear of Corn"

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. (http://www.babycenter.com/)

===============================
The weeks seem to be flying by for me, especially with all the holidays coming up. This will be a quick post because we're about to walk out the door and head to Marshfield for Thanksgiving.
Here is my 24 week belly pic...yay for viability!!! :-)





We registered this past weekend, which was fun and overwhelming all at the same time. I will post links on the blog whenever I get a chance.
I had my 24 week appointment with the midwife this morning. All is well and my belly grew 3 inches since my last appointment four weeks ago. My belly is a whopping 23 centimeters! Bebita was moving around a lot so she didn't get an accurate read on her heartbeat, but she said it was in the 130's. I asked if that was okay because at my last appointment her heart rate was in the 150's, she said it fluctuates and that was fine.
Teirney is now home and I need to go, but if I get a chance to blog more in the next day or two, I will. I will be in Marshfield staying with my parents for the entire week after Thanksgiving -- I'm excited to visit with them, but will miss Teirney once again.
Signing off as Teirney unplugged my computer. :-)
HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!





No comments: