Week 19: "Heirloom Tomato"

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. (http://www.babycenter.com/)

===============================

Yay -- Bebito is growing lots and lots and (less of a "yay") mommy is too, as you'll notice from my 19 week picture below.

I always wanted to be one of those cute little pregnant peeps who walk around looking like they swallowed a basketball. But I'm facing the harsh reality that I'm becoming "round" in more areas than just my belly. I guess the fact that I'm on the fringe of 30 has helped me accept it a little more, but it is a hard pill to swallow. And yes, I'm only 19 weeks...and yes, I have 21 more weeks to go...and yes, I'm going to get huge! It became even more real to me when I put away all my size 0 jeans today and shuddered at the fact that they most likely will never again see the light of day...at least on this body. Enough said.

My bonding with our toilet has resumed. I felt great for a couple weeks -- I think it was weeks 14.5-16 . But come week 17 I felt like I was in the first trimester all over again. My theory is that the baby has been in a growth spurt the last couple weeks so maybe it's the hormone surges. I don't know, but I have this fear that I'm going to be one of those women who get sick until the very end. Oh well...it's well worth it! Bebito must be responding with a "that's right mommy" because I feel him/her right now. I still feel Bebito sporadically -- not consistently yet -- and they're not kicks yet either, just some flutters here and there. I love it, it's so reassuring!

My tailbone has been hurting me in the worst way. It started awhile ago, but it is getting worse it seems as I get bigger. I'm also getting lots of pressure down there. I'm sure because everything is stretching and growing. I'm contemplating going to a chiropractor. I've never been to one in my life so I'm a little scared, but this pain is quite awful. It hurts whenever I stand up from sitting and whenever I'm walking around. And sometimes if I move a certain way while lying down it is excruciating and feels like something is misaligned. Actually, even when I walk it feels like my body is misaligned sometimes. Teirney makes fun of me when I moan and groan as I stand up, but it is oh so painful. I look and sound like an 85 year, which scares me a little. I definitely need to go to a chiropractor, I just need to find one.

NINE MORE DAYS...until we get see the wee one!!! We can't wait!

Bebito, stay strong and keep growing for us -- we love you sooo much! You are a much awaited blessing and already we can't imagine our lives without you. We continue to pray God's blessings on you daily -- not only for where you are at now, but where God will bring you in the future. May you love God with your whole heart -- making you beautiful on the inside. That is our prayer. Much love, Mommy and Daddy. xoxo

No comments: