Yay...for feeling good!

I felt great today! Jackie came to visit me for the day and we had a really nice time. It was a short visit, but sweet. We went to lunch in the Third Ward at one of my favorite restaurants, Swig. I was surprisingly hungry, which has been a foreign feeling to me for my entire first trimester. Jackie had to get home early, so after we parted ways I was able to run some errands -- I felt really good all afternoon.

As I sit here eating a huge bowl of fruit (strawberries, pineapple, and grapes...mmmm), I'm reminded of how little junk food I've eaten during my pregnancy. For the most part, I've only wanted fruits and veggies...which is shocking for me. I've probably eaten far more fruits and veggies in the last three months than I have in the past year...well, probably not literally, but it seems that way. Although, I have a feeling that my health food kick will change with my ever growing appetite. All that to say, last night I had my first junk food craving. Teirney and I were sitting in the living room -- he watching t.v., me on the internet -- and out of nowhere it hit me that I "needed" peanut M&M's. I couldn't stop thinking about them...it was, however, 9:00 p.m. and Teirney, after trying to convince me that fruit dipped in chocolate might be a good substitute (not the same), made it very clear he was not going to leave his "post" on the couch for peanut M&M's. I offered to go with him, but I was not persuasive enough. So my last resort was to raid the cupboards for something, anything, close to peanut M&M's. I found some tootsie rolls and a chocolate bunny that I never ate at Easter (I knew that bunny would come in handy someday). I quickly devoured the tootsie rolls and nibbled on the bunny a bit. It didn't quite satisfy my craving, but at least it got my mind off of it. Tonight, out of nowhere, I really wanted a caramel apple. Teirney gave in on that one...we walked to Whole Foods and got one! At least there was an apple underneath all the caramel. :-)

I failed to mention in my last post that I made my first maternity clothes purchase last weekend. I still fit in two pairs of my regular jeans, but they're getting a little snug. So I found a couple pair of jeans at Motherhood in Madison. They're still a little big for now, but they're SO comfortable! I also bought a dress that I needed for a wedding we attended on Saturday. Both my sisters, Amy and Jackie, and my mom came with me. We had so much fun and I was so glad they came with me for the momentous occasion.

I end this post with an apology. After I made my last post and slept on it, I realized it sounded really shallow, petty, spoiled, and crabby. I came to the conclusion that I'm not going to stress about making the apartment "homey" it doesn't really matter. And I also decided that I'm going to be content with the apartment and everything we have been and are blessed with -- so many people have much less and I shouldn't be worried about not having the right pictures or curtains to hang. Things always look clearer in the morning after a good night's sleep. So I apologize for my venting, which turned into ranting. Sometimes it helps to write it all out before you can sort it out. Thanks for listening, but I'm sorry I subjected you all to it. Enough said.

Signing off...much love to you Bebito. You are a precious gift from God and we treasure you! I leave you with the scripture that my Dad always quoted to me...and still quotes -- "may the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you."

No comments: