Week 33: "Pineapple"

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood. (http://www.babycenter.com/)

==============================

I'm getting huge and I have proof below. My face has gotten quite round along with the rest of me -- I have a hard time looking in the mirror these days and accepting the fact that the reflection I see is me. It's funny to look back at my early belly pictures to compare and you can really tell a difference. It doesn't help that I have a cold right now either, so my nose has added some puffiness to my face. Oh well, Bebita is worth looking like this for.

Here is my 33 week belly pic.


My shower was last weekend in Marshfield. It was beautiful and couldn't have been more perfect. My sisters did a wonderful job, along with the help from my mom and Teirney's mom. The food was amazing -- we had a good spread of cheese, crackers, olives, vegetables, dip, fruit and cheesecake that people could dip in the yummy chocolate fountain. The chocolate fountain and punch were on the same table and they looked so pretty together. Josie was responsible for all the decorating, which was beautiful. And she did a great job incorporating Bebita's nursery colors into the decorations. I felt very loved as we were literally "showered" with gifts. We had a full car on the way home -- what a huge blessing! I will post pictures as soon as I get some.

Today I went through and washed all of Bebita's 0-3 months clothes and I'll start putting them away tomorrow. I think she could wear a different outfit everyday for the first 3 months...there are tons. I'm sure that will come in handy though considering there will probably be days where she'll wear 3 outfits in one day.

We bought our monitor last night with a 15% off coupon I had for Babies"R"Us. There are a couple big things that we need to purchase yet (e.g., pack-n-play and swing). Then, after I put all her clothes away I will need to do an inventory on everything we have to see what we still need to get. We got a couple gift cards to Target at our shower last weekend, which we will probably put towards the pack-n-play.

We plan to use the pack-n-play in our room for the first several months. The one we are going to get is a new model, which has a "newborn napper" that can be attached and is supposed to make the baby feel a little more secure. The swing has an option where you can swing the baby side-to-side or front-to-back, which I really like and it's one of the only models that plugs-in so you don't have to waste money on batteries to keep it running.

Here are pictures of the pack-n-play and swing that we're going to get.





Well, enough for tonight. I will get pictures of the shower and nursery posted as soon as I can.

No comments: