Week 32: "Jicama"

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth. (http://www.babycenter.com/)

==============================

Another late post. Things have been getting busier and busier, so my weekly posting has been slacking a bit. Here is my 32 week belly pic.




I can't really tell that much of a difference between this week and last week, but my belly has grown 2 inches from two weeks ago.

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday. My blood pressure was 110/76, Bebita's heartrate was 152 bpm, and my belly measured 32 centimeters. All in all, everything seems to be going well. I still haven't felt any braxton hicks contractions yet, but some women don't. The only thing that has really changed, or is something new, is a slight throbbing/crampy sensation in my mid-back from time to time. I talked to the midwife about this and she said it could be a result of the baby kicking or moving, depending on her position, but it wasn't anything to be concerned about. The other thing I have noticed is some swelling in my hands, ankles, and feet. The hands are no big surprise because that has been somewhat gradual and is quite normal -- I officially can't wear my wedding ring. But on Tuesday night, my ankles and feet were very puffy looking and hurt, which concerned me so I was glad I had my appointment the next day. I tried to drink lots of water before I went to bed. By the next morning, the swelling had gone down, but I did feel like my face was a little puffy as well. When I asked the midwife about it yesterday, she looked at my ankles and said they looked fine to her. I told her I was on my feet all afternoon on Tuesday and had more sodium than usual, so we went over my diet that day. She said the combination of the sodium, being on my feet, and not getting enough water is probably what made my ankles and feet swell. She said she was not concerned because my blood pressure was good and we went over some other signs of Preeclampsia and I didn't have any of them. She said I shouldn't worry about it, but if I would get really puffy that I should give them a call and they can check me again. I'm not concerned about it though. I think it was just a combination of things that day.

The nursery is coming together. The furniture, which was delivered on Monday, is absolutely beautiful -- I couldn't be happier. I have a few more pictures to hang on the wall and a little closet organizing to do, but it is close to being complete. I'll probably be able to post pictures of the nursery sometime next week.

We're going to Marshfield this weekend for Bebita's baby shower that my sisters are hosting. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully, we'll be able to get some pictures that I can post of that as well.

I hope you're all having a good week and maybe I'll see some of you this weekend.


1 comment:

marah said...

Wow, a jicama?! Amazing. Actually, I have never seen one in real life. I don't know how to say this in a complimentary way, but baby must be really growing because you are so much bigger! w00t! You are beautiful! Can't wait to see you in person.

-Mar