It's a...

IMG_9531_r&s_3




I think I'm still a little in shock. My guess was boy, but I still can't believe it. We have so many girls in my family and I am completely clueless about boys. lol But I know we will figure it out along the way. :-)

I have to admit that I'm really excited about buying some cute boy clothes. Even before I had Kaydence, I always thought the boy clothes were way cuter than the girl clothes. I know most people think the opposite...hehe. But clothing aside, we are very excited to be having a little boy and for Kaydence to have a little brother. I'm just still trying to wrap my head around it -- it might take me a bit. It does make me glad we found out now and that we didn't wait until the birth, so I have some time to adjust to the idea. ;-)

We do have a name picked out, but we always keep it a secret until after the baby is born...so you'll have to wait on that. ;-) We weren't sure about a middle name until this morning. We were lying in bed this morning talking and dreaming about our little boy and we came up with the middle name. We're very excited!

I did actually purchase my first article of boy clothing today. Just a couple of sleepers and blankets that I couldn't pass up for 50% off.

I am 24 weeks today! We are still at my parents' house this week, so I will have to post a belly pic next week.

We had a wonderful Christmas and Kaydence had the time of her life. Every time she opened a gift, she would thank whomever it was from as she was opening it -- before she could see what it was (lol) and then after she opened it, she would say "it's just what I always wanted!" I don't know where she got that from...maybe her cousin??? But I have to say, it was pretty much the cutest thing ever! She was so sweet and grateful for all her gifts and she has been having so much fun the last couple days playing with all her new toys. She, of course, is coming down with another cold, but I was glad it stayed at bay until now so that she could enjoy all the festivities.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year! Love to you all! <3

7 comments:

Emily faliLV (@FamilyNLifeLV) said...

Cograts! Love that you got that on tape! What a perfect family moment and memory! :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATS.........boys are so much fun!!!

Nina said...

I already said congrats on CM, but wanted to say it again! Can't wait to watch you document your guys journey :)

Alicia Smith Osland said...

How great that you have this on video! Congrats!!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations Leah, Teirney, and Kay Kay! We are so excited for you!! What a wonderful memory to have caught on video. I told you I always read your blog but don't always comment but I had to this time! Sending love and sharing in your excitement! Zach, Shannon, and Levi!

P.S. It was so fun to see Kaydence at the Christmas Eve service. She is just PRECIOUS and I love that she said "Its just what I've always wanted" after opening each gift. hahaha. So darling.

XOXO

Jill said...

Congratulations Leah!! As a mom of 2 little boys (and one little girl who is pretty awesome too), they are great - easier to change their diapers too in my opinion! lol So lovely that you videotaped! He'll love seeing this video when he is older.

Aliya said...

Congrats!! We have a little boy and I just found out we're having a girl! I felt the same way about boys when I found out with our first but you'll get the hang of it!! :)