{23 weeks}

As you've noticed, I've missed a couple weeks of posting.  My brother had surgery last week and my mom has been here helping him with the recovery process, so I've been spending a lot of time with them as well.

As far as how I'm feeling, I feel great!  I never thought I would be able to say that with the rough several months I had in the beginning.  I do have a few aches and pains here and there, but for the most part I think I feel better than I did with Kaydence at this point in my pregnancy, which is shocking because I feel two times bigger than I was with Kaydence at this point. lol  I know by this time with Kaydence I was going to the chiropractor already.  The other day I thought I was going to have to make an appointment because when I got up from lying down, I could barely walk, which was very reminiscent of how I felt with Kaydence during this time (sort of misaligned), but something must have popped back into place because I felt okay once I got moving a bit.  I feel like I don't have as many aches and pains as I did with Kaydence, but I'm associating that with the fact that I'm probably more active now than I was when I was pregnant with her, but only because I'm taking care of a toddler now -- it's not like I'm running marathons or anything. lol 

Christmas is 4 days away and we have yet to see any snow.  I think we had one light dusting one day last week, but that is all we've seen yet.  I'm not a big fan of winter, but I have to say that I would be sad if we don't have a white Christmas.  It just doesn't feel like Christmas without the snow.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas with Kaydence this year...I think she is going to have so much fun.  Teirney and I aren't exchanging gifts this year (too many upcoming expenses with the new baby and all), so I'm extremely excited about finding out whether this little life growing inside of me is a boy or a girl.  We have a cake ordered and will be picking it up on Saturday.  We have invited all of our family and friends (who will be in town) to join us at 4:30 p.m. on Christmas Day for the official cutting of the cake.  I can't wait!

We have been so busy lately that I haven't even begun to think about what all needs to be accomplished before baby arrives, but that is what the New Year is for, right?  I think it's really going to fly after the new year.

Kaydence keeps talking about how she wants to be a doctor when she grows up.  It's so cute!  The other day, she saw an ambulance go by and she said "I want to be a super super hero guy doctor when I grow up."  lol  Where does she come up with this stuff???  I just keep telling her that she is going to have to work really really hard in school if she wants to be a doctor. ;-)  Tonight, she noticed my sore, dry, cracked (and ugly) feet and she got all excited and said "oh mommy, I will fix it, don't worry...I will be your doctor."  She went and got the Aquaphor and asked me to open it for her so she could "fix" my feet.  I opened it for her and she began to put it on my feet.  What a little saint!  She was so excited and kept saying "I will be your doctor...I will fix it."  She has such a sweet little spirit.

Kaydence came with me when I took my brother to the hospital for his surgery.  She came into the prep area where they put his IV in and everything.  I just explained everything to her as the doctors were checking my brother over (blood pressure, heart rate, etc.).  I just wish I could have captured her face on film...she just ate it all up and then kept talking later about how she is going to be a doctor someday.  I love her determination.  We'll see if it lasts. ;-)  All that to say, it got me thinking tonight about whether or not I should have her in the delivery room when the baby comes.  I just always assumed she would stay with one of the grandparents in the waiting room (or back at the house depending on the time of day), but I think she would actually do really well.  I guess we'll have to see what all the circumstances are surrounding the birth, so we may have to play it by ear, but I think she would soak it all in.  Maybe 2 1/2 is too young for that though???  I don't know.  Do you think it would cause psychological damage? lol  I guess we'll see.

I'm headed back to Marshfield tomorrow with Kaydence and my mom for the holidays...Teirney will follow later and plans on taking the following week off.  Haha...as if an attorney ever really has "off."  I'm sure he'll probably be working a little, but at least he won't be going into the office.  I'm excited for some much needed R&R with family!

Sorry about the novel...just a little chatty tonight I guess.  Hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and happy New Year!!! <3<3<3 xoxo

Here is my 23 week bump.

IMG_9171_23weekbelly_wm

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't wait for you to cute that cake-so fun!! I started seeing the chiropractor this week-I've been in such pain this time around, pretty much the whole time. Apparently I have a rotated pelvis, so fun!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas with Dr. KK!!