Blog-Lift Whine and Stuff

I would really like a new look for my blog.  I love all the cute new blog-lifts I keep seeing out there.  There is a blog designer I would *love* to get a new blog design from, but it's just not in the budget right now.  I wish I was computer savvy enough to create one myself, but I don't have Photoshop and even if I did, I would have no clue how to use it.

So to all my "followers" out there (all 38 of you ;-), please bear with me in the meantime.  I'm also contemplating changing the name of my blog as well...what do you think?  Another thing I'm not good at, coming up with catchy titles. ;-)  I have thought on it now for 2 months and still haven't come up with anything.

Oh, a side note.  Tonight, KK sucked down about 4 ounces of whole milk in her sippy before bed.  Yay!  She barely ate anything all.day.long, or yesterday for that matter.  She is on another food strike right now (lovely), so I decided when we went out to run our errands I would get her a milk shake.  Yes, a milk shake.  She has barely been drinking her milk and won't eat cheese, or yogurt right now either, so I figured she'll eat a milk shake, right?  Well, she did!  She ate half of a strawberry shake, which I was totally fine with.  Then, when we got home tonight I offered her a sippy cup of milk and she downed about 4 ounces!!!  That *never* happens.  So at least she got some milk in her today, even though she barely ate anything else.  This child stresses me out beyond belief when it comes to eating.  She has never been a good eater, whether it be nursing, purees, or solids.  I don't know why I worry so much since at least it's nothing new for her, but she is just so tiny.  The other day I noticed her little chubby cheeks wasting away a little.

I'm a little nervous about this weekend.  I'm hosting a bachelorette party here for a friend of mine this weekend, so Teirney will be taking KK to Marshfield Saturday and staying overnight.  Since she hasn't been taking a bottle, I'm not sure what will happen while they're gone.  Maybe she'll take it since I'm not there.  We shall see.  I'm still nursing 2 times a day, but after tonight and the sippy incident, I'm wondering if she would just take a sippy of whole milk before bed.  Who knows.  I've heard some people say that their child never drank much whole milk until they fully weaned them, so maybe that's the way it will be for KK too.

Oh yes, and she is 13 months today!  Wow, where did this month go?  Didn't she just turn 1?  

Well, I'm off to do my 365 before bed.

Nighty-night!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your daughter is so adorable! She reminds me of my daughter, their both so petite.

Have fun hosting the bachelorette party :)

Amber said...

fwiw, i follow and read your blog based on content, not style/looks ;) that said - my blog is very boring and hardly ever changes so you may not to put much stock in what i have to say, lol. sorry about kk and the food/milk strike, i can totally relate (ds is refusing the sippy cup now, ugh!). you'll have to keep up updated when you fully wean, maybe it'll get better.

have fun hosting the b-party :)

Alicia Smith Osland said...

you are going to throw an amazing shower!!! So wish I could be there!!! Relax and ENJOY!!!