Week 29: "Butternut Squash"

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day. (www.babycenter.com)

==============================

Bebita has been moving around lots these days. So much so that it keeps me awake at night sometimes. The past couple nights I've gotten very little sleep -- partially because it has been so warm in our apartment (we don't control our heat) and partly because Bebita thought it was play time. I guess she is preparing me for when she makes her debut. It makes me happy to feel her moving so consistently though.

Here is my 29 week belly pic.


We have lots of exciting things planned this month, which will make it go by fast. My parents are coming for New Years and staying until the following Tuesday. We have our first birthing class on January 5, which we will have once a week through the end of January. Teirney's parents are coming next weekend to help us paint the nursery. Our nursery furniture and bedding should be delivered sometime this month as well. I still feel overwhelmed when I think of everything that still needs to be done, but I'm sure it will all get done in time.

A couple of my friends from Foley are throwing a baby shower for me next weekend (January 11). They were so sweet to think of me. Here is the picture that was in the Evite they sent out. I feel so blessed to have such sweet friends!



My appointments with the midwife have switched to every two weeks instead of every four. It makes it feel all that more real. My next appointment is on Monday and since my mom will be here, I think she will come with me to hear the heartbeat.

Here's to hoping your New Year is filled with many blessings!






1 comment:

Alicia Smith Osland said...

Happy 29 weeks! Only 11 to go...wow! You look amazing. I wish I could rub that belly!

Have a great New Years!