{nolan}

A very dear friend of mine (and fellow photographer), Haley Kraus Photography, asked me awhile back if I would consider shooting the birth of her fourth baby.  How could I say no?  I have only shot one other birth, but it is the one thing I have considered going into business for because I love it so much.   

Where do I begin?  Haley is a real life Superwoman.  There is just no other way around it.  She lights up any room she walks into and you are always sure to have a good time when she is around.  It's no wonder she makes friends wherever she goes.  She can somehow do a million things at once without (seemingly) much effort.  And yet through it all, she is a devoted wife and mother to the sweetest family one could ever be blessed to know.  I love this lady dearly and I felt so honored she would ask me to photograph the birth of baby Nolan.

Little Nolan was so anxious to meet his loving family that he came at 34 weeks.  Though unexpected, he is a happy healthy baby boy.  He weighed 6 pounds at birth, but needed a few weeks in the NICU to bulk up a bit more.  He got to go home last week and they are all doing wonderfully.

In addition to this massive share (hehe), I have put together a little video montage below. :-)

Haley, thank you so much for the honor of allowing me to photograph this beautiful day for you.  Enjoy!  Love you! xoxo












4 comments:

Nina said...

Leah! These are fantastic! I feel like I was there. You captured all the important parts of the day and also captured the details that might have gone overlooked.

I really do hope you go into business some day for birth photography. It definitely suits you! <3

Nina said...

Leah! These are fantastic! I feel like I was there. You captured all the important parts of the day and also captured the details that might have gone overlooked.

I really do hope you go into business some day for birth photography. It definitely suits you! <3

Jen O. said...

Leah - as usual, you knocked this out of the park! Gorgeous photography and beautiful video. Welcome baby!

Kate said...

Leah, this was amazing! I got goosebumps! Well done.