Kaydence had her golden [month] birthday on Wednesday (October 7). We are so proud of our little peanut -- she is growing up so fast! Some of the new things she can do now are as follows:
- turning the light switches off (she hasn't quite mastered turning them on yet);
- she discovered she can blow now -- she purses her lips together and makes noises as she blows (I tried getting a video of it, but of course she refused to perform for the camera);
- she also discovered how to breathe loudly through her mouth so she that can hear herself;
- she has cleared the following fruits and veggies as being non-allergenic for her: peaches, pears, plums, bananas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, zucchini, and peas;
- fake coughs (all.the.time)
- plulls herself up to stand from a seated position (video posted below);
- makes no attempt to crawl, or even scoot, but loves to walk while she holds our hands;
- doesn't talk a whole lot, just coos a little;
- graduated from the bumbo to her big girl high chair;
- drinks from a sippy cup; and
- dances to music.
Sadly, I know I am missing some things. I realized today that I need to be better about keeping up her baby book. I am behind on logging some of her milestones and one of these days I will need to sit down and wrack my brain to write them all down. I know I will thank myself one day.
I'm making all of Kaydence's baby food. At first, I wasn't sure how much I would like doing it, but I have come to love it. Kaydence is eating 2 meals a day right now, breakfast and dinner. I'll usually give her cereal and fruit for breakfast and a veggie or a combo of veggies for dinner. She actually loves peas! Well, peas mixed with pears. I would have never thought to put that combo together, but the day I started her on peas, she wasn't loving them and pears were the only other thing I had at the time, so I gave it a try. She gobbled them up like crazy. I'm not a big fan of peas either, but I tried the peas with pears and I actually liked it too...go figure.
Kaydence is such a good baby -- very content and mild mannered. And so far she is very gentle. She isn't much of an aggressive grabber of things (at least yet), she needs to check it all out first. She is such a little blessing to us and makes us smile and laugh everyday -- we are so proud of her.
Below is a video below of Kaydence pulling herself up into a standing position when she was sitting on my knee. She is such a strong little thing. The other day she stood for 3 seconds all by herself, without me holding her. At this point, it appears she could be walking before she crawls (just like her daddy). We'll see, we're still working on the crawling with her.