Shots and Bubblefest

Kaydence had her 4 month shots last week. She did so well. She cried for a little bit immediately following, but on the ride home she was out cold (as depicted below). Instead of getting a fussy baby this time around, we got a sleepy baby! I was so grateful! The pediatrician said she is pleased with her growth and is doing well. She was 11 lbs., 5 oz. (25%), 24 inches (50%), and her head circumference was 40 cm (25%). Her height and head percentile increased from her last visits. She used to be in the 25 percentile for her height and in the 10 percentile for her head. Our little peanut is growing so fast! I can hardly believe it. They're not kidding when they say take lots of pictures because they grow fast.


Kaydence is now starting to try and get out of her bumbo. I think we're going to have our hands full with this one. I'm going to have to take a picture one of these days and post it. I keep trying to tell her she is too little to start doing that, but it makes no difference. She loves chewing on Sophie and any other toy she can fit in her mouth. She has been drooling a lot, but no teeth yet. She is also trying to crawl! She hates being on her tummy yet, so whenever I do have her on her tummy she tries to do everything she can to get off of it, including rolling over and/or putting her knees underneath her and scooting forward. She is actually belly scooting already. I need to try and get our house in order before I'm spending all my time chasing her around the house. She is smiling a lot more often, but still hasn't giggled for me. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get a giggle from her. I'm not even asking for a laugh, but a GIGGLE! Please Kaydence, give your mama a giggle. :-) I know it will happen eventually, but I'm just dying for it. All-in-all, she is doing very well and gets cuter by the minute (of course I'm bias).

This past weekend we were in Marshfield for Bubblefest (a music festival started by Teirney's brother). It was cold and rainy, so Kaydence and I only stayed for Teirney's slot. It was too bad the weather wasn't nicer, I think it deterred some people from coming out. I think everyone had a good time though, so that's the important thing. Here are some pictures from the weekend.





Today, Kaydence and I are off to Madison to have lunch with my mom and sisters. Then, my mom and Josie are coming to stay with me until Friday. Tiara is coming on Friday and staying through the weekend because Teirney and I are going to a Coldplay concert on Saturday. We'll probably be gone most of the day, so this will be the first extended period of time away from Kaydence. We'll see how it goes. Must run get some things done before we have to leave this morning.

No comments: